DD Hammock Suspension Systems
Complete Your Purchase
The Complete Whoopie Suspension System makes a quick and easy job of setting up any DD hammock.
- 2 x 1.8m Whoopie Slings in super-strength 2.5mm Amsteel rope
- 2 x 2m Tree Huggers - bark-friendly straps allowing the whoopie slings to be connected safely to the tree
- 2 x high-strength DMM hammock karabiners
- Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
DD Whoopie Slings:
- 2 x 1.8m Whoopie Slings in 2.5mm Amsteel rope
- Compatible with all DD hammocks – weight limit 125kg
Hammock / Climbing Karabiners:
These light and super-strong karabiners, made by UK climbing specialists DMM, are perfect for your hammock suspension system. In fact, they can be safely and securely put to a whole host of camping uses.
- Karabiners made by DMM: 24kN strength with gate closed; 10kN strength with gate open.
- Regular (2m long x 2cm wide)
- 3 Metres (3m long x 4cm wide)
- XL (2m long x 4cm wide)
- Weight limit: 125kg.
Superlight Karabiners x2:
These karabiners are mightier than they appear – weighing in at a tiny 8g, but capable of supporting up to 400kg in weight. Part of our SuperLight range, these will create next to no extra packing weight - so you can take them anywhere, and rely on them for just about anything.
DD Soft Shackle Karabiners:
At barely 5g each (or 10g for the XL size), these super-strong shackles are made from 2.5mm Amsteel cord, making them the lightest and most flexible option for your hammock suspension system. Suitable to support weight up to 125kg, these are a great addition to your Whoopie Suspension System and will save you every last gram in your pack! These soft shackle karabiners can also be used as connectors or fasteners in a variety of other camping purposes.
- 9cm long (closed)
- 26cm long (open)
- 15cm long (closed)
- 35cm long (open)
Amsteel 2.5mm Superlight:
Amsteel (Dyneema cord) is great for a range of purposes such as hammock camping and kayaking, but perhaps most widely known for its use in making whoopie slings – a lightweight hammock suspension solution.When made into whoopie slings, this is a fantastic modification for anyone looking to reduce the pack weight of their hammock.
- Dark grey 2.5mm Amsteel rope: purchase by the metre (orders up to 182m long are sent as a single length, which can be cut as required).
- If made into whoopie slings, is compatible with all DD hammocks – weight limit 125kg
- 10m of black elastic cord
Our website is still being worked on so if you think the calculated sipping is a little on the high side please don't hesitate to contact us to look at it for you and make any amendments if necessary. We do also offer express postage and world wide shipping. We are currently working on implementing this to the postage calculator but in the short term we can add the postage manually for you if required
AGE RESTRICTED ITEMS
By Law we are required to verify your age, we do this by requesting you to email photo ID with proof of your address to: email@example.com As a subject line please input "AGE VERIFICATION AND YOUR ORDER NUMBER e.g. #1635
Without this we will not be able to ship out your item and cancel your order after 7 days
- Our Top Picks162
- Shelter & Sleeping10
- Sleeping Bags & Insulation9
- Clothing & Footwear346
- Rucksacks & Packs75
- Containers & Water Purification59
- Cook Systems27
- Fire Lighting33
- Blades & Cutting Tools279
- Signalling & Navigation33
- Lighting & Portable Power45
- First Aid & Survival12
- Trail Food & Rations16
- Shooting & Hunting118