DD Ultimate Versatility Package
The DD Ultimate Versatility Camping Starter Package is the perfect balance of weight, versatility and pack-down size. It really is the one package that will have you fully kitted out to go camping in comfort, particularly if you plan to visit campsites or locations you are unfamiliar with in the UK or even further afield.
Are you relatively new to camping and ever asked yourself what do you need for camping? or what are the camping essentials? Then the DD Ultimate Versatility Camping Starter Package is what you need.
Compiled by Wylies Outdoor Worlds owner 'Drew Wylie' after testing various DD Tarps, DD Hammocks, and everything else DD has to offer on average 4 nights a week, every week, regardless of the UK weather conditions. Drew frequently enjoys exploring new locations on his own adventures. This required the need for a camping kit that covers sleep and shelter while primarily taking into account the flexibility of each of the items on his camping kit list but also asking himself the question "how will I pack my backpack for a camping trip"
The Versatility Package Includes:
- DD 3x3 Pro Tarp
- DD Travel Hammock/Bivi
- DD Inflatable Mat XL
- DD Jura 2 Sleeping Bag
- DD Superlight Amsteel Rope
- DD Fixed Loops x2
- DD Superlight Pegs (x6)
- DD Hiking Poles
- DD Paracord (10m)
DD 3x3 Pro Tarp:
The DD 3x3 Pro Tarp really is one of the most flexible camping tarpaulins available on the market today. Based largely on the standard DD 3X3 Tarp with the addition of more fixing points allowing even more tarp configurations and set up options.
- In addition to the fully waterproof 3000mm PU coating:
- 21 reinforced attachment points (2 more than the DD Tarp 3x3) allow for the Tarp 3x3 Pro to be set up in countless ways.
- 16 eyelets placed on each outer attachment point to allow the DD Tarp 3x3 Pro to be used with poles or pegged tightly onto the ground.
- Guy line stowage loops: corner and middle side loops have velcro to allow folding of and storing the guy lines when packing - (handy to keep the guy lines tangle-free between uses, while still connected to the tarp for quick set-up).
- Press studs: positioned on two sides of the tarp, these allow you to attach multiple tarps together (up to a maximum of 4 tarps in a large 6m x 6m square shape). Also allow for advanced tarp configurations for both hammock and ground dwellers: for example, close one end together when used in the diamond formation with a hammock.
- Size: 2.7m x 1.4m (6ft 5in and 125kg to maintain comfort)
- Colour: Coyote Brown
- Weight: 930g ( Hammock only)
- Includes: Travel Hammock, Webbing (10m), 2x elastic cord, 2 x spreader poles, stuff sack.
- Double-layered design with velcro tab closure – insert a partially-inflated Thermarest between the layers in cooler weather
- Waterproof floor layers for use on the ground
- Ultra-fine mesh mosquito net built in: zips closed and protects against all insects
- Foldable lightweight spreader poles and two 2m lengths of elastic, to suspend the net
- 2 x double-sided zippers for easy open and close
- 2 x internal hanging loops for torches, glasses etc.
- 4 internal pockets to store small valuables
- 4 tabs on each corner of the base - to peg out, to suspend equipment from or to fit a DD Underblanket
- Pre-fitted with 10m strong suspension webbing (5m each end)
- Stuff sack
- Size: 196cm x 75cm x 3.5cm (31cm wide at foot end)
- Weight: 1700g
- Made from 190T polyester with PVC coating
- Packed size: 38cm x 23cm x 23cm
- Thickness: 3.5cm
- Ripstop nylon shell with a water-repellent coating, filled with microfibre
- Waterproof foot box (inside and out) made from Oxford nylon
- Large, sturdy centre zip for ease of entry
- Neck and zip baffles, and an adjustable hood to be closed snugly around you
- 2 internal mesh pockets set at an angle to prevent items from falling out
- Height: comfy for people up to 6ft 2in or 188cm
- Chest size: comfy up to 44in or 112cm chest
- Shoe size: max 11 UK (46 EU and 11.5 USA) if wearing boots inside bag
- Compressed Packed Size: 26cm x 22cm x 21cm
- Weight: 1.7kg or 60oz
Amsteel (Dyneema cord) is great for a range of purposes such as hammock camping and kayaking, but perhaps most widely known for its use in making whoopie slings – a lightweight hammock suspension solution or used as a tarp ridgeline.
- Dark grey 2.5mm Amsteel rope: purchase by the metre (orders up to 182m long are sent as a single length, which can be cut as required).
- If made into whoopie slings, is compatible with all DD hammocks – weight limit 125kg
- Made from Dyneema SK75 with Samthane Coating - very hard-wearing
- 8-strand single braid construction
- Size for size same strength as wire rope, yet only 1/7 of the weight: outlasts wire rope in tests
- Flexible, easy to handle and easily field spliced
- Size: 70cm
- Colour: Grey
- Weight: 5g each
- Size: 135cm Height
- Colour: Olive Green
- Weight: 255g
- Includes: 1 x pole
- Molded hand grip
- Adjustable wrist strap
- 3 collapsible sections
- Trekking basket
- Tip protector
- Collapsed size: 67cm
Wylies Outdoor World
Rating: 5 Star based on our Social media ratings.
Price Match Promise!
Found it cheaper? We will price match and give you 5% off a future order!
We offer discounts for Scouts, Forrest Schools & other outdoor activity groups
The Personal Touch
Speak to Wylies Outdoor Worlds owner and chief product tester Drew Wylie directly
What makes us different from other retailers?
We test as much gear as humanly possible on our own trips 4 nights a week, every week... Regardless of the weather! We also offer more free after sale services than any other retailer in the UK such as free training, one to one, tutorials, group meets and product demos, with the cost covered by our sales! When you buy from us rest assured that our recommendations have been used heavily in rain, windy conditions, sleet, snow and of course the 15 degree Scottish summer! Add to your kit, don't replace items that don't stand up to the task!
Our standard uk mainland delivery is 3-5 days (usually 2-3 working days). Orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours.
We offer free standard delivery for orders over £30. This will be discounted at the checkout.
AGE RESTRICTED ITEMS
By Law we are required to verify your age, we do this by requesting you to email photo ID with proof of your address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a subject line please input "AGE VERIFICATION AND YOUR ORDER NUMBER e.g. #1635
Without this we will not be able to ship out your item and cancel your order after 7 days